Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Race Begins

"It is a travesty that Osama bin Laden remains at large nearly six years after the 9/11 attacks and appears to have found new sanctuary to operate freely in the Afghanistan-Pakistan border regions. The Bush administration and most congressional Republicans would rather stubbornly stick with a flawed strategy and fight a war that senior military leaders say cannot be won militarily, than adapt to fighting the enemy who attacked us six years ago."

-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid

If there was ever a comment that expressed my views of the current political sphere so simply this would be it. America is in its 11th hour, and if the change we need to happen is going to happen it must be now. I've found myself becoming increasingly more aware and more responsible for the future of our country this summer, and I have made a commitment to get my feet out on the campaign trail in January in support of someone who can readdress the problems we have neglected both abroad and domestically because of an administration trapped within a singular objective.

YouTube debate, I'm all yours.

No comments: